Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fishing

      Growing up, I can remember doing lots of fishing toward the end of December and the middle of May with my Dad, my Grandpa and my brothers.

      In the winter we had many different fish houses we used and some times we would be out on the lake when the wind chill was somewhere near 90 below zero, time when it was so foggy you couldn't see the shore, time when there was 2 inches of water on top of the ice, times when we stayed all night time when we even caught some big fish.

      In the spring when fishing season opened we would take the boat out and I would get to sit in the front so as to be the one to launch the boat and than jump in before it got to far from shore and than be the one to jump out and pull the boat onto shore when we were done. As we fished mostly on a big lake there were times when the waves would get to be too much for the boat but not for me. Fishing in the summer you never know what you might catch. One year my Dad caught the floor of an old fish house.

      Fishing is an activity that millions enjoy both young and old and it even finds itself popping up in the Bible.

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For fishing

No comments: