Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore Day


      We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. - 1 Thessalonians 5:14 (NASB)

      Today is I'm Not Going To Take It Any More Day. How many of us have ever come to the point where we've said that or something like it. Well I'm sure there are many times when we “shouldn't take it any more” we need to exercise patience.

      Can you imagine what life would be like if God were to say I'm not going to take it any more? He has promised a day when He won't take it any more but for now, we can be thankful that He is patient with us, and does “take it,” allowing us time to grow, to get it right.

1 comment:

Skunk Totem said...

I think that, sometimes, our feeling of "I can't take it anymore" is God's signal that it's time to take action. No I don't mean violence: "Be angry yet do not sin (Eph 4:26)." I mean things such as seeking help from whatever source you need: a psychiatrist, crisis center, even a lawyer.
One of my favorite essays is Psychology Today's "Why Won't Anyone Let Me Feel Sad?"
So what "can't I take anymore" today? The stoicism imposed upon us. Today is a day to remember the Serenity Prayer:
Lord grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.