Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shepherd


     I have heard that sheep are not very smart – maybe that's why people are often compared to sheep in the Bible. If that's why, I'd have to agree but it's not sheep I'm thinking of today but the shepherd, the one who cares for the sheep. In John 10:11 Jesus says I am the Good Shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. (NAS) A few verses later He again claims to be the Good Shepherd.

      As sheep, we can be thankful for such a great shepherd who takes care of us. One might think of the 23rd Psalms - The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and loving-kindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (NAS)

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For a Shepherd that cares for us

No comments: