Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crown of Life

      A tax assessor came one day to a poor minister of the gospel to determine the amount of taxes he would have to pay. "What do you possess?" he questioned.
"Oh, I am very wealthy," replied the minister. "List your possessions, please," the assessor instructed.
The man of God replied:
  • I have everlasting life
  • I have a mansion in Heaven
  • I have peace that passes understanding
  • I have joy unspeakable
  • I have divine love that never fails
  • I have a faithful, pious wife
  • I have healthy, happy, obedient children
  • I have true, loyal friends
  • I have songs in the night
  • And last of all I have a crown of life awaiting
      The tax collector closed his book and said, "Truly, you are a very rich man, but your property is not subject to taxation." (Bible Illustrations)

      James 1:12 Blessed is a man who endures trials, because when he passes the test he will receive the crown of life that He has promised to those who love Him. (HCSB)

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For the crown of life that awaits us

No comments: