Thursday, April 21, 2011

Temptation

      Some people fall into temptation, but a great many make plans for disaster ahead of time. "Son," ordered a father, "don't swim in that canal." "O.K., Dad," he answered. But he came home carrying a wet bathing suit that evening. "Where have you been?" demanded the father. "Swimming in the canal," answered the boy. "Why did you?" the father asked. "Well, Dad," the boy explained, "I had my bathing suit with me and I couldn't resist the temptation." "Why did, you take your bathing suit with you?" his father asked. "So I'd be prepared to swim, in case I was tempted," he replied.

      How many of us are like that little boy, making plans to give in to temptation? Going swimming in a canal will never be a temptation for me but temptation does come and as long as we are alive we will be tempted.

      When it comes to temptation and overcoming it we have a great promise in 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (ESV)

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For keeping over powering temptations from us
  • For giving us ways to overcome the temptations that we do receive

No comments: