Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spiritual Rest

      You'll know your going to get a nice nap when the preacher brings his pillow with him to the pulpit. - Believe it or not, I actually did that once, not because I thought I might fall a sleep listening to my self but for an object lesson on rest.

      On that particular Sunday, I think I was talking about the 4th commandment and we are to rest but rest isn't always easy to come by. Maybe that's why Jesus made this promise in Matthew 11:28-30 - Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (ESV)

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For the rest you give

No comments: