- One way to pay less tax - earn less.
- The most permanent thing in the world is a temporary tax.
- Save for a rainy day and a new tax comes along and soaks you.
- Taxation is based on supply and demand - the government demands and we supply.
- Invest your money in taxes - they're bound to go up.
Complete Book of Zingers, The
- I believe we should all pay our tax bill with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash.
Phillips' Treasury of Humorous Quotations
In Luke 20:21-25 Jesus was questioned about taxes and here is His response - So the spies asked Jesus, “Teacher, we know that what you say and teach is true. You pay no attention to who people are, and you always teach the truth about God’s way. Tell us, is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?“ But Jesus, knowing they were trying to trick him, said, “Show me a coin. Whose image and name are on it?“ They said, “Caesar’s.“ Jesus said to them, “Then give to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and give to God the things that are God’s.“ (NCV)
While we may not like to pay them, and we may not like how they are used, we do use many of the things that have been provided by way of taxes. So, let's at least be thankful today for taxes.
Dear Lord, Thank you
- That we are capable of paying taxes
- For the benefits we receive as a result