Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalms 127:3 (NAS)
February 27,2007 was a very special day
- The week of Feb 25,2007 was suppose to be a week of nights at work for me but that changed
- On Sunday the 25th I fired up the snow blower and cleaned out the driveway from a snow storm
- Sunday evening my wife started having stronger contractions and we decided to call in the midwife - we didn't want to take chances after Melissa but that's another story.
- What turned out to be the first layer of membranes ruptured and people started to arrive for the big event
- Labor continued but nothing progressed, the midwife stayed the night and we tried to get sleep.
- Monday morning I called into work to take the week off expecting baby to come soon.
- Through out the day miscellaneous things were tried to help labor along - many friends came over to walk the road with my wife - Walking is suppose to help but when she walked labor quit, when she rested labor continued.
- Evening came, the baby didn't so we tried again to get some sleep - midwife spent another night and my lead at work wondered why I hadn't called with stats on the new baby.
- Tuesday morning labor progressed and transition finally came along with more friends to witness the birth.
- Getting hot, my wife wanted to switch to a lighter night gown - it never happened - the midwife said forget the gown and I proceeded to catch a baby girl.
- That evening I made a quick trip to town to show off pictures at work - I was forgiven for not calling sooner.
- Today Laura Danielle turns 4 years old
Dear Lord, Thank you
- For Laura Danielle and the 4 years we've had her.
- For all 7 of the children you have given us