Sunday, February 27, 2011

Laura Danielle

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalms 127:3 (NAS)



     February 27,2007 was a very special day
  • The week of Feb 25,2007 was suppose to be a week of nights at work for me but that changed
  • On Sunday the 25th I fired up the snow blower and cleaned out the driveway from a snow storm
  • Sunday evening my wife started having stronger contractions and we decided to call in the midwife - we didn't want to take chances after Melissa but that's another story.
  • What turned out to be the first layer of membranes ruptured and people started to arrive for the big event
  • Labor continued but nothing progressed, the midwife stayed the night and we tried to get sleep.
  • Monday morning I called into work to take the week off expecting baby to come soon.
  • Through out the day miscellaneous things were tried to help labor along - many friends came over to walk the road with my wife - Walking is suppose to help but when she walked labor quit, when she rested labor continued.
  • Evening came, the baby didn't so we tried again to get some sleep - midwife spent another night and my lead at work wondered why I hadn't called with stats on the new baby.
  • Tuesday morning labor progressed and transition finally came along with more friends to witness the birth.
  • Getting hot, my wife wanted to switch to a lighter night gown - it never happened - the midwife said forget the gown and I proceeded to catch a baby girl.
  • That evening I made a quick trip to town to show off pictures at work - I was forgiven for not calling sooner.
  • Today Laura Danielle turns 4 years old

     Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For Laura Danielle and the 4 years we've had her.
  • For all 7 of the children you have given us

No comments: