Monday, June 20, 2011

Ball

      Summertime is a time for playing ball be it softball, baseball or whiffle ball Growing up my brothers and I spent many days at the ball park for baseball - they played and I helped coach the t-ball kids or minor league kids. At home it was too dangerous to try and hit baseballs so we would often use plastic bats and whiffle balls in the backyard playing 2 against 1 and it was a lot of fun.

     As time progressed and I got older I got to play from time to time a game of softball which is always a lot of fun. Since I was never real good at hitting home runs over the fence I worked more on place hitting. One of my favorite times playing softball was in Bemidji with church friends and my too be mother-in-law was on the opposite team out in the field and she challenged me to hit the ball to her. I did. She didn't even have to move to catch it and at the last moment she though her hand up,ducked and let out a sort of a panicked scream. I laughed so hard I barely made it to first base.

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For ball playing

No comments: