Monday, June 27, 2011

Berry Picking

      One of the best tasting things in life is fresh baked bread covered with fresh homemade jamb from freshly picked berries whether they're raspberry, strawberry, blueberry and the list goes on.

      Summer is the time to get out and pick berries starting in late June with strawberries and the rest follow. Some of my favorite times growing up were picking blueberries out in the woods with my Dad and going to my Great Grandfather's place to pick raspberries and strawberries.

      Now, I take my own kids blueberry picking and some of the kids are pretty good pickers. My wife also takes the kids picking but she goes for the easier, bigger strawberries and rasberries. Than when all is said and done, we get to enjoy the fruits of our labors.

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For wonderful tasting berries
  • Times spent as a family picking berries

No comments: