Saturday, June 18, 2011

Swings

      The year we moved out to the country - our present home, - we decided to put up a swing set for the kids. They don't make metal swing sets like they used too. Within a couple years it was destroyed. Eventually we decided to put up a bigger and better wooden one and found a kit at Menards and bought lumber here and there and with the help of the whole family we built a swing set / tower / monkey rings / ... and it is still standing.

     As a kid I remember the swing set my folks had and how it was nearly indestructible - nearly. I can remember spending hours and hours swinging on it and the one at the school play ground a few blocks away. I still enjoy swinging from time to time but for some reason the seats have shrunk and I no longer fit in them comfortably.

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For swings

No comments: