Friday, May 27, 2011

Melissa Joy

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalms 127:3 (NAS)


      May 27th 2004 did not go the way it was suppose too.
  • Due to the hospital no longer wanting to do V-backs my wife started toying with the idea of home birth
  • We new several people in the area who had done so and she got to know of a midwife in the area and contacted her.
  • Over the next several months between seeing the doctor, the midwife and reading up on home births, we eventually decide to go with a home birth.
  • Some where in there, I said we were going to have a girl - an ultra sound after that said we were having a boy - I was right and have been 7 for 7.
  • Being several weeks over due and anxious to hold our baby, my wife tries the castor oil trick on the 26th - I think I was already at work when she did it as I was on the night shift.
  • Around 10 or so I was called at work and told that labor was starting and was going just like Aaron and Emily and not to rush home. - I should have!
  • After midnight I got another call - "I can feel the baby's head." Things hadn't gone like the others and I flew home as fast as I safely could but was too late by 5 minutes.
  • With some help from the oldest child and a phone a baby girl was born.
  • My wife wanted a girl and she was excited that the baby was a girl.
  • Baby didn't seem to be responding properly so we called 911 and an ambulance came but all was well.
  • Eventually we remembered to call the midwife and she came as quickly as she could. When she arrived she weighed in our little bundle of joy at 10 pounds 12 ounces.
  • Today Melissa Joy is seven years old.

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For Melissa Joy

No comments: