Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tracy Annette


Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalms 127:3 (NAS)

      If my sister is younger than I am and she is a grandma twice over than I may be old enough to have a 17 yr old in the house. Let's see what I can remember form that special day on May 4th, 1994.
  • My wife was 8 days over due and our Dr. was on call at the hospital so he suggested we go in and he would see if he could get labor started by softening the cervix with some kind of gel.
  • I don't remember it working very well and my wife said she felt the baby pull back when the gel was applied.
  • Next came the rupturing of the membranes and breaking of the water - still no baby.
  • Pitocine was next - labor progressed but baby did not..
  • After much hard labor and lots of pain an emergency C-section was called for.
  • Shortly afterward things were ready and my wife was put under.
  • I was brought in the operating room to witness it all and soon a little girl was born. During the operation it was determined that the baby got stuck when the gel was put on the cervix to soften it.
  • I named the baby Tracy Annette.
  • My wife came too and the first thing she said was "The pain is gone." She than learned that we had a girl and I had already named her (I probably should have waited but I was new at naming children.)
  • Tracy was born with a head full of hair.

      That was than - Now she is a beautiful young Christian lady.

      Dear Lord, Thank you.
  • For Tracy and the 17 years she has blessed us.

No comments: