Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Computers

      It seems as if I've always like electronic gizmos and that's probably why I got into computers.

     In high school I often took electronics classes. One of the classes I took was advanced computers which at that time was working with a oversized circuit board and a key pad learning to program in machine language or base 16. As a part of that class I got to help set up the schools computer lab which at that time was a room full of Apple iie computers.

     After I graduated I bought my first computer A Commodore Vic 20 with a whopping 20k of memory and it hooked up to a regular television. Next I bought a storage device that was nothing more than a glorified cassette player. In time I upgraded to a Commodore 64 with 64k of memory and than a 5 1/4 floppy drive and a printer. I used to get a computer magazine for the computer and would often spend hours typing in programs. Sometime later I doubled my memory and got a Commodore 128.

     After I got married I bought my first modern day PC as it was running Windows 3.0, had a single speed CD ROM drive - they had just come out - a 20 meg hard drive, and 4 meg of memory. Since than I've upgraded many time building my own computers. We now have three in the house all running on a network and hooked up to the internet. The one I use has three hard drives (a 250g a 40g and a 1 terabyte) and 2 gig of memory with the ability to add more if I need it.

     Besides using it to blog, I use my computer for Bible study, internet activities, music and movies.

     Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For computers

No comments: