Friday, July 29, 2011

Lamp Light

      It sits there on top of my desk next to the printer - a little round lamp that drives my wife nuts. I'm not sure why it drives her nuts but I enjoy the little lamp and not because it drives her nuts. I like it because it cast light in a rather dark corner.

      The other day when I turned it on, it took my picture or should I say the bulb burned out with a bright flash. Over the next couple hours, I lost count of how many times I reached up to turn it on only to remember the bulb was burnt out and it wasn't going to come on no matter how hard I tried to get it too.

      How often do we take for granted the lights in our house, always expecting them to turn on, never giving them another thought.

      Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For the little lamps that brighten dark corners.

No comments: