Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalms 127:3 (NAS)
January 2,2002 was a very special day
- It was a cool morning as we packed to go to the hospital delivery room
- We left our kids with a friend of a friend who would later take them to the first friend's house
- The first friend traveled with us.
- As we pulled on to the highway, around 2:00 in the morning, we met a train going the same direction and with both our lights on high everything was lit up.
- We were tired from the New Year's party the day before and someone took a picture of me sleeping in the delivery room - I don't remember falling asleep.
- The doctor told the intern (his first birth to be in on) that this would be an easy one.
- At 10:03 Emily Christine was born. weighing in at 9lb 1/2oz
- The ER went crazy so we were left alone with our new baby girl
- We received around $500 in gifts as Emily was the first baby of the New Year
Dear Lord, Thank you
- For Emily Christine and the 9 years we've had her.
- For all 7 of the children you have given us