Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Popped Button

     Sometime in the later part of 2010, I popped a button on one of my pairs of dress paints. (I think it had something to do with gaining weight) Any ways, I asked my wife if she would move it over when she sewed it back on but I forgot to tell her which way to move it. What I was hoping for was a loser fit, what I got was a tighter fit. Needles to say, I was unable to wear the pants and when we realized what happened, it made for a good laugh. Maybe someday the button will get moved or I'll lose some weight or both.

      While I was blessed with some new shirts for Christmas, many of my clothes are in less than perfect shape. Like the pants,buttons have popped off, and never been replaced, some are covered with stains, some are full of holes, some no longer fit properly, but that's okay, I can be content with what I have.

      Matthew 6:28-30 “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at how the lilies in the field grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon with his riches was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers. God clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today but tomorrow is thrown into the fire. So you can be even more sure that God will clothe you. Don’t have so little faith! (NCV)
Dear Lord, Thank you,
  • For the clothes I have, imperfections and all.
  • For my wife who mends them for me.

No comments: