Friday, January 7, 2011

Payday

     A restaurant owner had a waitressing position open at his diner and asked job seekers to fill out an application. Under "Salary Expected," a woman wrote "Friday." 
     Yesterday was one of those days that most people I know look forward to. A day when all of one's hard work (ahem) is rewarded. A day we like to call Payday.
     At my place of employment, Marvin Windows and Door, payday doesn't come on Fridays but every other Thursday. On those days, I'll get my check, take a glance at it, see how much vacation time I have built up, turn it over to my wife, and let her spend it. I think it's a pretty good system.
      Because of my wacky work schedule during the past few weeks - taking time off because I had too much time and time off for Christmas - I didn't collect my check two weeks ago so today I brought home two. As I was bringing them home my wife was bringing home the groceries after finding some great deals and sooner or later I'll get to eat some of those goodies.
      How blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, Who walks in His ways. When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, You will be happy and it will be well with you. Psalms 128:1-2 (NAS)
Dear Lord, Thank you
  • For Payday
  • For the ability to work and provide for my family
  • For Marvin Windows and Doors for providing jobs.

No comments: